Outlook Express or MS Outlook email clients are generally used by home users and business users who need reliability, easy access, email, newsgroup, notes, meeting, and journals etc functionalities with their emails.
Most of the users find the email clients easy and reliable to use because of their user friendly usage patterns.
Generally Outlook Express is used by home users and MS Outlook is used by business users. The following article illustrates usage of both the email clients and their advantage perspectives with their respective users.
Outlook Express comes embedded with MS IE 4.x, MS IE 5.x, MS Windows 98 operating system, MS Windows Millennium Edition (Me) OS, MS Windows 2000 OS and MS Office 98 for Macintosh. Outlook Express email program proves beneficial for home users who can access their emails by dialing to an Internet service provider (ISP).
Outlook Express works effectively with any Internet standard system - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3), and Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) and provides full support to e-mail standards and news such as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension Hypertext Markup Language (MHTML), Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) and Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP).
Ability of Outlook express to send and receive emails of multiple email accounts proves advantageous and the migration tools enables to import address book, emails from Eudora, Netscape, Microsoft Exchange Server, the Windows Inbox, and Outlook easies the task of managing and organizing email messages.
Outlook express provides full support to html settings with which you can customize your messages with backgrounds and graphics. Built-in stationary designs enable you to compose your mail messages with attractive designs, mainly required for special occasions like birthdays, meetings, parties, announcements etc.
MS Outlook is the stand-alone application integrated in MS Office and Exchange Servers. Outlook provides integration and performance with IE 5.5 completely integrated with calendar, contact addresses, drafts, meeting scheduling, and notes etc makes MS Outlook perfect email client for business users.
Organization and filtration of email messages makes it easy to work with MS Office applications, which help in communicating and sharing of emails effectively.
When working with exchange servers, Outlook provides enhanced internet connectivity, workgroup information sharing and workflow communications, public folders, forms, and group scheduling.
Outlook is designed for use with the Internet (SMTP, POP3, and IMAP4), Exchange Server, or any other standards-based communication system that supports Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI), including voice mail. Outlook is based on Internet standards and supports todays most important e-mail, news, and directory standards, including LDAP, MHTML, NNTP, MIME, and S/MIME, vCalendar, vCard, iCalendar, and provides full support for HTML mails.
MS Outlook provides same migratory options like Outlook express and enables its users to transfer messages from Microsoft Mail, Microsoft Schedule+ 1.0, Microsoft Schedule+ 7.0, Lotus Organizer, NetManage ECCO, Starfish SideKick, Symantec ACT, as well as synchronization with leading Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs), such as the 3Com Palm Pilot.
Best email client for you - Outlook Express or MS Outlook
There may be times when you have to decide between MS Outlook and Outlook Express email clients. Which one to choose? Which email client will be good for you with its features and functions?
First of all check need and scope of using a particular email client.
1. What do you expect from your email client?
2. What all features it should have?
3. Purpose of using the email client?
Select Outlook Express, if
- You need a simple email program to send and receive emails.
- You are a home user and do not require to manage meetings, schedules etc.
- You need only Internet e-mail and newsgroup functionality (for versions of Windows later than Microsoft Windows 95, versions of Windows earlier than Microsoft Windows 95, Macintosh, and UNIX platforms)
- You work on Office 98 for Macintosh, and you want to take advantage of the integration of Outlook Express with the version of Office suite.
Select MS Outlook, if
- You need advanced Internet standards-based e-mail and discussion group functionality.
- You need integrated personal calendars, group scheduling, task, and contact management.
- You need integrated e-mail and calendaring, cross-platform clients for versions of Windows later than Microsoft Windows 95, versions of Windows earlier than Microsoft Windows 95, and Macintosh platforms.
- You work on Office 97, Office 2000, Office XP or Exchange Server and want to take advantage of the integration of Outlook with this version of the Office suite, and the integration with Exchange Server.
- You require communication and coordination with your staff.
Thus you can select any of the email clients which suit your need and requirements. If in case Outlook Express or MS Outlook emails get corrupt or become inaccessible, you can always try the outlook express recovery software and pst repair software - the best email recovery software offered by Chily Softech, an imminent data recovery software and file repair solution provider.