Common Skin Problems of Men (And What You Can Do About Them)

You can juggle a career, a relationship, and an active social schedule. So why do some skin problems seem to bring life to a screeching halt?

DRY, FLAKY SKIN can feel like its on too tight and itch like anything. In order to combat it, keep your face and body moisturized as much as possible. Dont take long, hot showers; opt for quick lukewarm ones instead, since hot water evaporates moisture from the skins surface. Wash with gentle liquid cleansers that wont dry out your skin, and put on moisturizer within five minutes of stepping out of the tub to guarantee hydration.

OILY SKIN looks gross and clogs pores, which in turn could lead to breakouts. Fight a possible oil spill by keeping skin clean and gently washing your face in the morning and at night with a cleanser. Watch your exposure to the sun since this could trigger more oil production, and go easy on oils and fats in your diet. If you have to use a moisturizer, look for ones that are not oil-based.

Whether its a lonely pimple or a full-on breakout, you dont have to be a teenager to feel the harsh effects of ACNE. While frequent and heavy breakouts should receive a doctors attention, a simple cleaning routine could work wonders on your skin. Use a gentle cleanser, not soap, to clean pores, then follow with a light moisturizer to hydrate. Regular use of an exfoliant can also remove dead cells. Remember to use a sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher to prevent darkening blemishes, and NEVER pick or pop pimples-it could lead to scarring.

Usually caused by lack of sleep, as well as aging, DARK UNDER-EYE CIRCLES are a problem most guys have to deal with at some point or another. Make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, and keep the under-eye area moisturized with antioxidant-rich products. For quick fixes, try placing cucumber or raw potato slices or a cold eye mask over your eyes for about ten minutes to reduce puffiness.

If you find yourself dealing with these problems on a regular basis, your best bet is to consult a doctor or dermatologist.

Share this post